Association of Oxford University Pensioners
The University of Oxford
Pensions, bus passes, and other benefits
- How to obtain a University of Oxford/college retirees’ card This will give you free access to the Botanic Gardens, University Club, and Bodleian Libraries, and allow you to use the university pool in Iffley Road (payment required)
- Discounts for university staff: these are for people currently employed by the University, but if you have a university card and show it, you may be eligible for discounts in shops and museums in Oxford
- Benefits for university pensioners
- University Pensions Office
- Information for university pensioners
- Pensioner Welfare Officer: Marie Hough, 01865 616203, firstname.lastname@example.org
- DirectGov: Pensions and retirement planning
- Oxfordshire County Council supplies all bus passes in Oxfordshire, including Oxford city.
Apply online here (Oxfordshire residents only, and scanned passport-style photograph necessary); or visit top floor of Central Library in the Westgate, where they will even take your photograph
- A wealth of information from across the University and City of Oxford (which you can view on your computer or your mobile device’s web browser) is available at
University of Oxford News
Museums of the University
Other University of Oxford links
- Retirees on call Older people in the UK are now the main untapped source of labour and their numbers are growing. Older workers are more reliable than younger ones and have fewer bad days at the office!
AOUP member Paul Humphreys introduces an online system aimed exclusively at retirees in Oxfordshire where employers big and small in the County - including Oxford Colleges - can directly address the retired community for temporary assistance.