What do we have?
- Climbing shoes
- Belay devices
- Screw-gate karabiners
- Indoor ropes
- Bouldering mats
- Ice axes
When do we have it?
Brookes Bouldering - Climbing shoes (in a wide range of sizes) are available on Monday evenings at Brookes wall, for general use by club members. These will also be available at Iffley when the wall reopens.
Brookes Climbing - Climbing shoes, harnesses, belay devices, screw-gate karabiners and indoor climbing ropes are available for use on Tuesday and Thursday evenings for the first 4 weeks of Michaelmas, and every Thursday evening in term time thereafter.
Meets - Climbing shoes, harnesses, belay devices, screw-gate karabiners, helmets and (when appropriate) bouldering mats are available for use on meets for those who don't have their own. To make sure there's enough gear for everyone, please remember to fill out the form provided in the meet email, so we know what you do/don't have.
Since there's such a high demand for club gear in the first 4 weeks of Michaelmas term, it is not available to borrow until 5th week. Otherwise, OUMC gear can be borrowed during term time and over vacations, under the following conditions:
- You are a current club member
- You have arranged with the Gear Secs to borrow the gear
- If gear is not being used, you return it to the Gear Sec
- You return all gear for the annual gear inspection, which is at the end of Trinity Term
- You understand that if gear is lost or damaged then the person who is borrowing it may be charged between 0% and 100% of the original purchase value. The amount will be decided by the Officers (President, Secretary, and Treasurer) and Gear Sec, taking into account the age and condition of the gear and the circumstances of the loss
- You are responsible for collecting and returning the gear to the Gear Sec on request
- You understand you are responsible for ensuring you have the correct skills to use the gear and for using it safely and responsibly.
If you would like to borrow gear then please email the Gear Secs.