IN THIS SECTION
Below is a collection of links to external websites, out there on the world wide web. If you think anything is missing, please contact the webmaster
- Good for climbing equipment and useful advice section too; free postage.
- Another competitively priced site with free postage.
- Rock & Run
- Usually has some good deals.
- Up and Under
- "Outdoor gear online" ...some great bargins to be had here.
- The Outdoor Shop
- Free postage over £50 and 20% BMC discount if you spend a lot.
OUTDOOR RETAILERS—WITHIN OXFORD
- GO Outdoors
- The only shop in Oxford selling climbing equipment, including harnesses and shoes.
- The Brookes Sports Shop
- The small shop in the foyer of the Brookes Sports Centre sells chalk balls and one model of shoe.
- A large outdoor clothing and camping equipment shop, opposite the town hall.
- A slightly smaller outlet just around the corner.
- Outdoor Traders
- Actually just outside Oxford in Abingdon, but only a 30 minute bus ride away (services X3 & X13 or X4), this shop is worth mentioning as it provides a better selection of gear and better advice than anything in Oxford itself.
- British Mountaineering Council
- Website of the BMC, with latest climbing news as well as BMC membership details, and useful insurance information.
- RockFax Online
- Home of RockFax guides!
- UKC: UKClimbing.com
- General info and latest news on British rock climbing. The forums are a great place to find an answer to any climbing related question ...or aimlessly waste time!
- Conville Courses
- The Jonathan Conville Memorial Trust (JCMT) Alpine Mountaineering courses are subsidised 3-day Alpine courses in Chamonix.
- Info and videos of crazy hard problems at Europe's home of bouldering.
- Planet Fear
- Adrian Berry's website, loads of climbing related stuff, including some great training advice.
- Andy Kirkpatrick giving his views, gear reviews and general comments gleamed from his extensive experience of suffering outdoors at high altitude. See also his blog.
- Dave MacLeod
- Dave Macleod's personal pages have become a substantial website of advice and inspiration.
- A fabulous resource of most of Britain's climbs (a bit thin in Scotland). Search for just about anything.