(I) UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD, 1990-1998.|
Tutorial appointments, 1990-95.
College Lectureships, 1993-95.
- St. Catherine's; Magdalen; Greyfriars; Worcester; Brasenose; Merton; St. Edmund Hall; Somerville; St. Anne's; Manchester; Hertford; Exeter; Lincoln; University.
Lincoln College, 1995-98.
- St. Edmund Hall (M 1993, 1994-5)
- St. Catherine’s (H, T 1995)
- The Sir Walter Oakeshott Junior Research Fellowship.
(II) UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW, 1998-2002.
- Lecturer in English Literature, 1998-2000
- Reader in English Literature, 2000-2.
Grants and Awards.
- AHRB Research Leave: 1 January 2002-1 January 2003.
(III) BALLIOL COLLEGE, OXFORD
AND THE UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD, 2003- .
Balliol College, 2003- .
Fellow and Tutor in English.
Faculty of English Language and Literature, University of Oxford, 2003- .
CUF Lecturer in English and Member of Faculty.
1. The Wordsworth Trust, Dove Cottage, Grasmere.
The Annual Wordsworth International Summer Conference at Dove Cottage.
- Tutor, seminar-leader, encourager and guide, 1995-2003.
2. Journal Editorship.
3. Editorial boards, etc..
- Member, editorial board, The May Anthology of Oxford and Cambridge Poetry and The May Anthology of Oxford and Cambridge Short Stories (Cambridge/Oxford: Varsity/Cherwell), 1994.
- Founding member, editorial board, Romanticism on the Net, 1995- .
- Member, editorial board, The Charles Lamb Bulletin, 1997- .
- Contributor, The Year's Work in English Studies, 1997-2002.
- Judge, inaugural Annual Essay Prize, Romanticism on the Net, 2000.
- Member, consulting editorial board, Episteme: Epistemological Controversies in the Humanities and Social Sciences (London: LSE), 2002- .
4. Teaching Appointments, 1994- .
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1994-8.
University of Massachusetts Summer Seminar at Trinity College, Oxford.
Tutor and deviser of undergraduate courses on modern British poetry.
- Middlebury College, Vermont, 1995-2001, 2004-5.
The Bread Loaf Graduate School of English. Lincoln College, Oxford (Summers).
Tutor and deviser of Masters courses, 'Wordsworth and Coleridge' and 'Modernism and Romanticism in Twentieth Century British Poetry'.
5. External Examining.
- Undergraduate Degrees:
- English BA (Hons), University of Sheffield, 2003- .
- English BA, University of Durham, 2003- .
- Graduate Degrees:
- University of Leeds: Ph.D., 1999.
- University of Oxford: D.Phil., 2000.
- University of Durham: Ph.D., 2002.
- University of Cambridge: Ph.D., 2004.
5. MEMBERSHIP OF SOCIETIES.
The Association of Literary Scholars and Critics. The W.H. Auden Society; The Betjeman Society; The British Association for Romantic Studies; The Friends of Coleridge; The Friends of Dove Cottage; The Charles Lamb Society; The Philip Larkin Society; The Tennyson Society; The Wordsworth-Coleridge Association.
The London Library.