I'm a graduate student in philosophy at the University of Oxford, specializing in formal epistemology and Aristotle. In 2014-15, I'll be a Bersoff Assistant Professor / Faculty Fellow at NYU. You can view my CV here.
My dissertation, Uncommon Knowledge, is supervised by Frank Arntzenius and Timothy Williamson.
Before coming to Oxford, I was a classicist. I am still working on a variety of projects about Aristotle's physics and metaphysics. I also have a longstanding interest in ancient China, and am currently working (together with Ernest Brewster) on two projects about moral knowledge in the writings of Wang Yangming and his immediate successors.
- People with Common Priors Can Agree to Disagree. Forthcoming in The Review of Symbolic Logic.
- Ho pote on esti and Coupled Entities: A Form of Explanation in Aristotle's Natural Philosophy. Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy 46 (Summer 2014) 109-164. (56 pages)
Work in Progress:
- Prospects for a Naive Theory of Classes (with Hartry Field; draft coming soon).
- State Space Models Do Not Preclude Unawareness (with Peter Fritz; revised draft coming soon).
- H. Lederman, J. Macdonald, D. Stefanovic, and M. N. Stojanovic, "Deoxyribozyme-Based Three-Input Logic Gates and Construction of a Molecular Full Adder". Biochemistry, 45, 4 (2006) 1194 - 1199.
- J. Macdonald, Y. Li, M. Sutovic, H. Lederman, K. Pendri, W. Lu, B. L. Andrews, D Stefanovic and M. N. Stojanovic. "Medium Scale Integration of Molecular Logic Gates in an Automaton". Nano Letters (Letter); 6, 11 (2006) 2598-2603.
Thanks to Volker Schlue for the photo and Peter Fritz for sharing his style sheet.