I'm a Bersoff Assistant Professor / Faculty Fellow in the department of philosophy at NYU. You can view my CV here.
I received my DPhil from Oxford in 2014. My dissertation, Uncommon Knowledge, was supervised by Frank Arntzenius and Timothy Williamson.
Before going to Oxford, I studied Classics at Cambridge and Princeton. I am still working on a variety of projects about Aristotle's physics and metaphysics. I also have a longstanding interest in ancient China, and am currently working (together with Ernest Brewster) on two projects about moral knowledge in the writings of Wang Yangming and his immediate successors.
- Standard State Space Models of Unawareness (with Peter Fritz). Forthcoming in Proceedings of TARK XV: Fifteenth Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Rationality and Knowledge, Pittsburgh, June 4-6, 2015. Note: this is an extended abstract; see below for the full paper.
Work in Progress:
- Standard State Space Models of Unawareness (with Peter Fritz).
- Uncommon knowledge. Email for draft.
- Two Paradoxes of Common Knowledge: Coordinated Attack and Electronic Mail. Email for draft.
- Guise Theory (with Jeremy Goodman). Email for draft.
History of Philosophy:
- The Target of the Elenctic Proof. Email for draft.
- Extended Preferences (with Hilary Greaves). Email for draft.
- H. Lederman, J. Macdonald, D. Stefanovic, and M. N. Stojanovic, Deoxyribozyme-Based Three-Input Logic Gates and Construction of a Molecular Full Adder. Biochemistry, 45, 4 (2006) 1194 - 1199.
- J. Macdonald, Y. Li, M. Sutovic, H. Lederman, K. Pendri, W. Lu, B. L. Andrews, D Stefanovic and M. N. Stojanovic. Medium Scale Integration of Molecular Logic Gates in an Automaton. Nano Letters (Letter); 6, 11 (2006) 2598-2603.
Thanks to Volker Schlue for the photo and Peter Fritz for sharing his style sheet.