Arabic Entry Level Requirements
Who should complete a diagnostic test:
- an applicant who has not studied Arabic at the Oxford University Language Centre and is therefore unsure about his/her level
- an applicant who has studied at the Oxford University Language Centre, but for whatever reason has been unable to complete the final exam or do the presentation.
Completed exams should be left for the tutor at the reception desk or scanned and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant's email address before the OPAL courses deadline (for further information, please see the Centre's main webpage).
About the Levels:
- Level 1 = Basic (ie. Complete Beginners/Basic Knowledge of Arabic)
- Level 2 = Elementary (ie. Basic level has been successfully completed)
- Level 3 = Threshold (ie. Elementary level has been successfully completed)
- Level 4 = Vantage (ie. Threshold level has been successfully completed)
- Level 5 = Bridge (ie. Vantage level has been successfully completed)
About the exam:
- The exam should be completed in no more than 60 minutes.
- The exam should be completed under strict exam conditions and dictionaries should not be consulted.
- The applicant should ensure that he or she produces a legible script in both Arabic and English.
For further enquiries, please contact Yousif M. Qasmiyeh at email@example.com.