Library shelfmark: CH
Below are the links to the external websites. Language Centre takes no responsibility for the content of these websites.
- Centre for teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language, University of Oxford Links to online courses at advanced and elementary levels
- Chinese corpora
- Internet Guide for China Studies
- Oxford University Institute for Oriental Studies
- WWW servers in Hong Kong
- Chinasoft Publisher of the Ni Hao series of Chinese learning materials.
- Chinese Language Information Page contains an excellent range of links and resources
- Chinese phrases from Asian Horizons. Basic Chinese with pronounciation
- Confucius Institute online "a series of Chinese multimedia courseware which is specially designed for English speaking school students from 11 to 16 years old", also has a choice of adult courses.
- FSI language course from Foreign Service Institute, U.S.A.
- Real Chinese is a course for beginners on video and on line, from the BBC. Video segments available for viewing in the Language Centre Library. Study the text and listen to dialogues on the web. Click on the topics in order to see the slideshow and hear the language, including useful phrases, tips on pronunciation and grammar, cultural notes and short quizzes to check what you've learnt. At the end of each slideshow there's a chance to watch a short (approx. 1 min) videoclip taken from the TV series.
- UK Database of Chinese Research Materials Records from the British Library, Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Oxford and SOAS.
- Radio Canada International News in Chinese and other languages.
- A Chinese text sampler
- Chinese Text Project
- Modern Chinese Literature and Culture Resource Centre Includes bibliographies and literature, film, art resources
- Sound files for How to read poetry from Columbia University Press
- Tales of love from China a selection of tales (in English mostly)