Library shelfmark: SP
The Oxford University Spanish Society is on Facebook
The library's Delicious page offers you also a section of multimedia language links and the Netvibes page offers you the latest news from either Spanish from Spain or Spanish from all over the Spanish speaking world. There are also extended e-resources available at Oxford.
Below are the links to the external websites. Language Centre takes no responsibility for the content of these websites.
Useful Links / Searching on the Web / Language Resources / Media / Culture / Literature / Miscellany
- Spanish Study Material - Flash interactive games, very useful
- Spanish at Oxford for undergraduates, Spanish at Oxford for graduates
- Boston College, Department of Romance Languages and Literatures links to web based activities for reading comprehension based on Spanish culture with special reference to art and cinema including: Museo Thyssen-Bornemiza, Picasso, Baroque Art, La historia oficial, Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios, El norte.
- Corpus del Español access is free but you need to register
- Edinumen online learning in combination with the book Nuevo Prisma Fusión (enter your code which is inside the book after the title page)
- Español Online resource for teachers and students of Spanish
- LANIC The Latin American Network Information Center
- Spanish resources a very rich site with various levels and exercises
- Study Spanish a Free Online Tutorial - Comprehensive online tutorials for beginning - intermediate level students.
- Spanish online language learning links
- OXAM Digital copies of most of the official examination papers (including the Honours School Examination for Modern Languages) presented by the University of Oxford since 1999-2000. Please note: access is limited to those in the Oxford domain. The listening comprehension and discourse topics examinations are in the library with audio cassettes available for the listening comprehension examination
- Portal del hispanismo
- Spanish Language Exercises
- Maestroteca a useful resource for Spanish teachers
Searching on the Web
- List of Spanish search engines from Phil Bradley's website: Argentina Bolivia Chile Columbia Costa Rica Cuba Dominican Republic Ecuador El Salvador Equatorial Quinea Quatemala Honduras Latin America Mexico Nicaragua Panama Paraguay Peru Puerto Rico Spain Uruguay Venezuela
- El Español de America general information on the languages of Latin America
- Ejercicios para aprender español a website collecting exercices from other websites. Mainly for beginner´s level.
- The Houghton Mifflin Spanish publications page at Cengage includes material to accompany several publications including:
- Free Language Tutorials mainly for beginners
- Learning Spanish for travel a gateway to other links mostly for beginner's level
- Le Tutor some Spanish learning resources at bottom of the page
- Spanish Obsessed beginners to advanced
- Loquella language course
- Mas arriba - online interactive workbook of introductory Spanish language exercises
- Notes in Spanish audio materials
- Spanish Language Exercises From Juan Ramón de Arana at Ursinus College
- Spanish proficiency exercices from the University of Texas at Austen, from beginner to advanced level
- Spanish Pronto Reference resources with sections on pronunciation, the alphabet, and lists of common verbs among others.
- Spanish word quiz
- elanguage notes on grammar
- University of Victoria Spanish beginners' exercises
- BBC Spanish Language resources
- Juan Ramon Araña
- Gramática y ortografía Grammar pages and links from Juan Manuel Soto Arrivi at Indiana University
- How to conjuguate Spanish verbs
- Spanish Language and Culture with Barbara Kuczun Nelson Spanish grammar exercises
- Spanish grammar drills from Columbia University
- Spanish Grammar Exercises Well laid-out and extensive selection of Spanish Grammar Exercises from Matthew D. Stroud, at the Department of Modern Languages, Trinity University, Texas
- Spanish Grammar and Vocabulary Tutorials for beginner to intermediate levels, provides materials from numerous Spanish language teaching resources/sites, providing grammar explanations, exercises and answers as well as links to other Spanish language sites and dictionaries. Useful for students and teachers alike
- Elemadrid Spanish verb conjugator
- Fonética los sonidos del español
- Mapas de pronunciación del Español
- The Sounds of Spanish: Analysis and Application by Robert M. Hammond Cascadilla Press, 2001. PDF files to download for review questions, tables as well as MP3 sound files to accompany most of the chapters. Requires Adobe Acrobat and MP3 (both available to download from the page)
- Jergas de habla hispana Spanish vocabulary.
- Medical Spanish medical Spanish for Healthcare providers
- Smart Phrase. Smart Phrase Online Phrasebook Useful vocabulary and phrase finders in the following languages: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Dutch, Portuguese
- Spanish vocabulary quizzes from JetPunk
- BBC Mundo BBC news in Spanish
- Amauta Spanish School Latin American film, literature and music website
- BaBab cultural journal
- Boston College, Department of Romance Languages and Literatures web based activities for reading comprehension based on Spanish culture with special reference to art and cinema including: Museo Thyssen-Bornemiza, Picasso, Baroque Art, La historia oficial, Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios, El norte.
- Centro Virtual Cervantes
- ClubCultura.com "popular Spanish and Spanish American culture, with sections devoted to literature, cinema, music and photography. It is an excellent starting point for anyone beginning work on these areas, providing basic information on the salient figures, news of publications, productions and so on, online exhibitions, extracts from books, film stills and more. (HUMBUL)
- Dia de los Muertos (in English) information about the day of the Dead (Mexico)
- El cultural Online version of the Spanish magazine 'El Cultural'
- La Página del Idioma Español
- Mayan and Aztec art
- Museo Thyssen-Bronemiza, Madrid Virtual tour of the museum and its collections, special features include new acquisitions and current shows
- Oaxaca Language learning resources based on the Oaxaca region of Mexico
- Information (in English only) about the Quinceanera
- Grandes Escritores lives and works of some of the best known Latin American writers: Jorge Luis Borges; Mario Vargas Llosa; Julio Cortázar; Pablo Neruda; Gabriel García Márquez; Rafael Alberti; and José Saramago
- Mexican and Latin American Literature
- Monetos multilingual research and information portal, offering independent instruction and advice on Europe's social and private financial sectors