Copyright Simon Saunders 2001. Last updated: 8 December 2007.
- (2008) (with D. Wallace), "Branching and Uncertainty", British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, forthcoming. Available online at http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/archive/00003383. Download as a pdf file.
- (2007) "Mirroring as an A Priori Symmetry", Philosophy of Science, 74, 452-480 (2007). Download as a pdf file
- (2006a) "On the Explanation for Quantum Statistics, Studies in the History and Philosophy of Modern
Physics, 37, 192-211. Available online at http://xxxx.arXiv.org/quant-ph/0511136.
Download as a pdf file.
- (2006b) "Are Quantum Particles Objects?, Analysis,66, 52-63. Download as a pdf file.
- (2005a) "Complementarity and Scientific Rationality", Foundations of Physics,35, 347-72. Available online at http://xxxx.arXiv.org/quant-ph/0412195 Download as a pdf file.
- (2005b) "What is Probability?", in Quo Vadis Quantum Mechanics, Elitzur, S. Dolev, and N. Kolenda, eds., Springer. Available online at http://xxxx.arXiv.org/quant-ph/0412194 Download
as a pdf file.
- (2004) "Operational Derivation of the Born Rule", Proceedings of the Royal Society of
London , A, 460, 1-18 (available at http://xxxx.arXiv.org/quant-ph/0211138, but with a trivial but mildly
embarrassing error in one of the proofs). Download as a pdf file
- (2003a), "Physics and Leibniz's Principles">, in Symmetries in Physics: Philosophical Reflections, K. Brading and E. Castellani, eds., Cambridge University Press. Download as a pdf file.
- (2003b)"Structural Realism, Again", Synthese, 136, 127-33 (2003).
Download as a html file.
- (2003c), "Critical Notice: Cao's "The Conceptual Development of 20th Century Field Theories", Synthese, forthcoming. Download as a pdf file
- (2003d) "Indiscernibles, General Covariance, and Other Symmetries", in Revisiting the Foundations of Relativistic Physics: Festschrift in Honour of John Stachel, A. Ashtekar, D. Howard, J. Renn, S. Sarkar, and A. Shimony, (eds.), Kluwer. Download as pdf file
- (2002a), "How Relativity Contradicts Presentism", in Time, Reality, and Experience,, ed. C. Callender, Cambridge University Press. Download as pdf file
- (2002b) ‘Is the Zero-Point Energy Real?’, in Ontological Aspects of Quantum Field Theory, M. Kuhlmann, H. Lyre, and A. Wayne, (eds)., Singapore: World Scientific. Download as a pdf file.
- (2001c), "Spacetime and Probability", in Chance in Physics: Foundations and Perspectives, J. Bricmont, D. Dürr, M.C. Galavotti, G. Ghirardi, F. Petruccione, N. Zanghi (eds.), Springer-Verlag, (2001). Download as a pdf file
- (2000) "Tense and Indeterminateness", Philosophy of Science, 67, S600-611. Download as pdf file
- (1999) "The "Beables" of Relativistic Pilot-Wave Theory", in From Physics to Philosophy, J. Butterfield, and C. Pagonis, (eds.), Cambridge University Press. Download as a pdf file
- (1998a) "Hertz's Principles", in Heinrich Hertz: Classical Physicist, Modern Philosopher, D. Baird et al, (eds.), Kluwer.
- (1998b) "Time, Quantum Mechanics, and Probability", Synthese, 114, p.405-44. Download as pdf file
- (1996a) "Time, Quantum Mechanics, and Tense", Synthese, 107, 19-53.
- (1996b) "Naturalizing Metaphysics", The Monist, 80, p.44-69.
- (1995a) "Time, Quantum Mechanics, and Decoherence", Synthese, 102, 235-66.Download as pdf file
- (1995b) "Relativism", in Perspectives on Quantum Reality, R. Clifton, ed., Kluwer, Dordrecht, p.125-42.
- (1994a) "A Dissolution of the Problem of Locality", Philosophy of Science (Proceedings), Vol.2, p.88-98.
- (1994b) "Time and Quantum Mechanics", in Physics and the Now, M. Bitbol, ed., Editions Frontieres, Paris, p.21-70.
- (1994c) "What is the Problem of Measurement?", Harvard Review of Philosophy, Spring Edition.
- (1994d) "Decoherence and Evolutionary Adaptation", Physics Letters A 184, p.1-5.
- (1993a) "Decoherence, Relative States, and Evolutionary Adaptation", Foundations of Physics, 23, 1553-1585.
- (1993b) "To What Physics Corresponds", in Correspondence, Invariance, and Heuristics; Essays in Honour of Heinz Post, S. French and H. Kaminga, (eds.), Kluwer, p.295-326.
- (1992) "Locality, Complex Numbers, and Relativistic Quantum Theory", Philosophy of Science (Proceedings) Vol.1, p.365-380.
- (1991) "The Negative Energy Sea", in Philosophy of Vacuum, S. Saunders and H. Brown (eds.), Clarendon Press.
- (1991) "Reflections on Ether" (with H. Brown), in Philosophy of Vacuum, p.27-64.
- (1988) "The Algebraic Approach to Quantum Field Theory", in Philosophical Foundations of Quantum Field Theory, H. Brown and R. Harre (eds.), Clarendon Press.