- I make materials, mostly composites, and test them for particular purposes.
- Along the way I work with modellers to predict the properties of what I make, and with experts in testing to develop new testing methods.
- I currently work on manufacturing metamaterials as part of the QUEST project funded by EPSRC.
Previously I worked on
- the supercondusting material magnesium diboride
- ceramic armour
- functionally graded materials
- the effect of residual stress on ceramic material properties
For more information on me, have a look at these webpages!
My Departmental Homepage
My Academia.edu Profile
If you're looking for further information on my Strictly Engineering 2012 entry click here!