First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
How many VREs?
What is the appropriate level of granularity?
- one VRE per researcher?
- one per research group?
- one per subject?
- one per institution?
- national? international?
- discrete VRE for defined research community/collaboration
- generic VRE to serve bulk of institution
- VRE framework with institutional, domain and shared components
- research requirements as starting point
- but takes advantage of existing/emerging e-infrastructure wherever found
- encourages shared services, tools, data, expertise...
The VRE framework, at least from an institutional point of view, which gains efficiency and resliance from shared enterprise services whilst ensuring the applicability of the VRE to any one research process, discipline, individual or team.