I am an assistant professor in the Department of Philosophy at USC. I work on metaphysics, epistemology, the philosophy of mind, and philosophical logic. Before coming to USC in 2016 I was a PhD student at NYU; before that I was a graduate student at Oxford, where I earned my BPhil and DPhil in philosophy; before that I was an undergraduate at Brown, where I studied philosophy, cognitive neuroscience and physics.
Published and forthcoming papers
- "Inexact knowledge without improbable knowing" Inquiry, 56(1):30-53, 2013.
- "Knowing against the odds" (with Cian Dorr and John Hawthorne) Philosophical Studies, 170(2):277-87, 2014.
- "Knowledge, counterfactuals, and determinism" Philosophical Studies, 172(9):2275-8, 2015.
- "Higher-order contingentism, part 1: closure and generation" (with Peter Fritz) Journal of Philosophical Logic, forthcoming.
- "Counting incompossibles" (with Peter Fritz) Mind, forthcoming.
- "Taking a chance on KK" (with Bernhard Salow) Philosophical Studies, forthcoming.
- "Williamson on necessitism" Canadian Journal of Philosophy, forthcoming. Also forthcoming in Williamson on Modality, Juhani Yli-Vakkuri and Mark McCullagh (eds.)
- "Reality is not structured" Analysis, forthcoming.
- "Diamonds are forever" (with Cian Dorr) Noûs, forthcoming. (down for revision)
Work in progress