Photo credit: Jenny Judge
I'm a PhD candidate in philosophy at NYU. I work on metaphysics, epistemology, the philosophy of mind, and philosophical logic. Before coming to NYU, I was a graduate student at Oxford, where I earned my BPhil and DPhil in philosophy. Before that I was an undergraduate at Brown, where I studied philosophy, congitive neuroscience and physics. In the fall of 2016 I'll be joining the department of philosophy at USC as an assistant professor.
Published and forthcoming papers
- "Inexact knowledge without improbable knowing" Inquiry, 56(1):30-53, 2013.
- "Knowing against the odds" (with Cian Dorr and John Hawthorne) Philosophical Studies, 170(2):277-87, 2014.
- "Knowledge, counterfactuals, and determinism" Philosophical Studies, 172(9):2275-8, 2015.
- "Higher-order contingentism, part 1: closure and generation" (with Peter Fritz) Journal of Philosophical Logic, forthcoming.
- "Counting incompossibles" (with Peter Fritz) Mind, forthcoming.
- "Taking a chance on KK" (with Bernhard Salow) Philosophical Studies, forthcoming.
- "Diamonds are forever" (with Cian Dorr) Nous, forthcoming. (down for revision)
- "Reality is not structured" Analysis, forthcoming. (down for revision)
- "Williamson on necessitism and plural quantification" in preparation for Williamson on Modality, Juhani Yli-Vakkuri and Mark McCullagh (eds.)
Work in progress