The inter-college "Cuppers" competition is held anually in Trinity Term. It's a fantastic event and everyone is welcome to take part - no experience is required, and there are prizes for the fastest novices. The event is usually held close to Oxford to make travel easier, with venues in recent years including Shotover and South Parks.
In 2008 Cuppers was held on Saturday 10th May in Headington Hill Park and Oxford Brookes. Merton won the overall team prize, Alison Crocker (New College) was the fastest woman and Chris Embrey (St Hugh's) the fastest man. Full results are available here.
For previous results see here.
1) Teams to be made up of three people and the winning team has the lowest combined time of all three team members.
2) Times recoreded by women are to be reduced by 20% before calculating winners of the team event.
3) Colleges may enter more than one team with the fastest three counting for the first team, the next fastest three for the second team and so on.
4) Awarded to the fastest novice male and fastest novice female orienteer.
5) The President shall arrange a venue, organiser, planner and controller for Cuppers.