The provisional calendar below gives brief details of the events OUOC is planning to
attend in the near future.
OUOC will aim to provide transport to all of the events on this termcard, normally leaving on the morning (or evening, for night events) of the event, and returning that afternoon (leaving times will vary depending on the travelling distance).
Every event offers a range of courses suitable for all levels of orienteer - from complete novice to aspiring international. Club members should inform the Secretary if you would like to be entered into an event, before the pre-entry deadline if applicable.
Dates of Term: Sunday 13th October - Saturday 7th December
- Saturday 12th October 2pm-4:30pm – Introductory Event, University Parks An ideal opportunity for newcomers to try orienteering for the first time, or ideal sprint race training for those with experience. Just turn up any time from 2pm-4:30pm.
- Sunday 13th October – TVOC Regional and SCOA League event, Penn Wood, High Wycombe.
- Sunday 20th October – Jack of Herts Regional Event, Northaw Great Wood, Cuffley.
- Saturday 26th October – Cambridge City Race, Event Centre at Jesus Green, Cambridge.
- Sunday 27th October – Gallopen and Dorset Schools Event, Godshill Forest, New Forest.
- Saturday 2nd November – Salisbury City Race. Potential social with UBOC and stay over for
- Sunday 3rd November – SOC November Classic, Round Hill, Southampton.
- Saturday 9th November to Sunday 10th November – BUOT Training weekend: Saturday – Forest of Dean, stay overnight with members of UBOC, Sunday – training around/close to Bristol
- Sunday 10th November – SN Regional SE League, Frith and Windmill Hill.
- Sunday 17th November – BADO Level C and SCOA League Event, Pamber Forest, Tadley.
- Sunday 24th November – Mike Nelson BOK Trot, SW Gallopen and ASO League, Dolebury Warren and Blackdown, Mendips.
- Sunday 1st December – HOC WMAO League 10, Postenplain, Bewdley.
- Sunday 8th December to Saturday 14th December – Joint training tour with Cambridge, Lake District. A great way to improve your orienteering dramatically in just one week.
If there are any events you'd like to go to not already on the termcard, please don't hesitate to contact a member of the committee. Even if the club is unable to take a minibus, it is quite possible we will be able to arrange a car or a lift with friendly members of Thames Valley OC or JOK (Oxford University Alumni).
Last Updated: Monday, 07-Oct-2013 18:45:38 BST
©Oxford University Orienteering Club