Friends of the Museum
- General Friends information : email@example.com ( Felicity Wood)
- Membership information : RHKing17@googlemail.com (Rosemary King)
- Programme information : firstname.lastname@example.org (Terry Bremble)
The Friends see their role as that of raising public awareness of the Museum and its collections: they organise a programme of lectures and events, co-ordinate volunteers and provide support for museum purchases and publications.
The Friends were formed in 1984 as a registered charity (No 289390). The funds they provide are urgently needed to support and develop the collections, as well as to improve facilities and services for visitors.
By joining the Friends you can help to ensure the continuance and growth of this remarkable museum. For those seeking more active involvement, opportunities for volunteers exist.
- Termly newsletter
- New member's information pack
- Programme of lectures and films
- Opportunities to see behind the scenes
- Some discounts in the Museum shop and at special events
- Invitations to private views of exhibitions at the Museum
HOW TO JOIN
Complete the membership form below and return together with a cheque made payable to the Friends of the Pitt Rivers Museum, or add banker's order as attached, to: The Hon. Membership Secretary, Friends of the Pitt Rivers Museum, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PP.
Subscriptions are renewable annually on 1st May. First subscriptions paid after 1st January will carry through to 30th April of the following year.
* Additional donations are, of course, always very welcome.
* Friends who are UK taxpayers are requested to sign the Gift Aid declaration which considerably increases the revenue from subscriptions and donations through recoverable tax allowances.
Download MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM (To view pdf files you need Acrobat Reader)
When completed, this order should be returned to the Hon. Membership Secretary, Friends of the Pitt Rivers Museum, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PP and not to your bank direct.
The Patrons and Council
Sir David Attenborough
Professor Sir Barry Cunliffe
Dame Penelope Lively
Michael Palin CBE
Philip Pullman CBE
President: Professor Chris Gosden
Chair: Felicity Wood
Secretary: Sarah Wood
Minutes Secretary: Vacant
Treasurer: Terri Costain
Membership Secretary: Rosemary King
Programme Co-ordinator: Terry Bremble
Newsletter Editor: Juliette Gammon
Publicity Officer: Gay Sturt
Newsletter Mailing: Colin Langton
Activities Team: Barbara Topley
Barbara Isaac, Jeremy MacClancy, Mike O’Hanlon, Megan Price, Dorothy Walker, Cathy Wright