UK Rowing Contacts Page
UK Rowing Contacts Page
Entries indexed in alphabetical order, St. just before S, and includes
Irish clubs too, although they are also under the World Rowing Index.
Please email me here if you would like to be added to the list. Note that the listing will first appear on the New Information page and will not move to here for a few weeks.
- One of the authorities on British rowing, Rosie Mayglothing, is now allowing
me to publicise her email address. She is currently on the English Sports
Council as the rowing rep, as well as still coaching. Email
- There is a new email contact address for John MacArthur:
- Metropolitan Regatta email.
- Bedford Regatta secretary, Ian Codrington.
- Scottish Amateur Rowing Association, main contact webmistress Rachel Clarke.
- Scottish clubs contact list, including phone numbers.
- Welsh Rowing email box.
- Martyn Kelly, Chairman of the Welsh ARA.
- Hon ARA Librarian FOR BACK COPIES OF THE ARA ALMANAC ONLY - no other business.
- The ARA Regional Coaching Development Officer email addresses are:
Thames Upper = Nigel Weare,
North = Colin Brown,
South-East = Simon McCarthy,
East Midlands = Terry O'Neill,
North-West = Pat Lockley.
- Yorkshire HORR, Stuart Ward. (NOT THE YORK SMALL BOATS HEAD).
- Ken Hastie, Vice-chairman of the Northern Rowing Council and Chairman of the North Region Umpires' Commission.
- Thames Downriver Coaching Commission, Ray Cassidy.
- Phil Halliday, rowing journalist
- Scottish club contacts list from the SARA site.
- Scottish ARA.
currently based in Guildford, Surrey.
- Aberdeen Boat Club, Niki Chambers, captain.
- Abingdon Rowing Club, David Wiblin, Captain. Also at work email.
- Abingdon RC, David Corney.
- Abingdon School Boat Club, David Haynes.
- Argonauts' Society, St. John's
College, Oxford. Contact Marcus Munafo and Greg Toyn.
- Avon County Rowing Club,
Robin Leach. Also contact for the Avon County HORR and Avon County Schools
- Avon County RC, Uli Harder.
- University of Bangor, dedicated club email address.
- Bath University, Harry Long.
- general c
ontact Paul Dunnett, Bedford
regattas and heads Gavin Dods
- Bedford Modern School,
Richard Follett, Head of Rowing.
- Jay Ramsay, for Belvoir Amateur Rowing Club.
- If anyone wants a copy of the latest Bewdley Rowing Club newsletter, please
contact Nick Wake
. He is not an official club contact for anything else.
- Bewl Bridge, Lamberhurst, Kent, Eric Froggatt.
Bexhill Coastal Rowing Club, name Chris Doswell.
- Birmingham Rowing
Club, Christopher Anton. Phone number +44-121-241 2834.
University BC, Oliver Gibson, captain.
- Bournemouth University rowing,
attn Iain Hill, President.
- Bradford Amateur Rowing Club
, Stuart Ward. Also contact for Yorkshire HORR.
- University of Bradford RC dedicated email address.
- University of Bristol Boat Club, John McGrail, new men's captain - home phone 0117 973 9890.
- University of Bristol Boat Club,
Daniel Hirsch, Treasurer.
- Broxbourne RC, address for Chris Reed, men's captain (alternative email@example.com).
- Mike Makai, not a main club contact but part-time Broxbourne coach.
- Brunel Rowing Club, or Garrett, the Captain.
- Bryanston School Rowing Club, courtesy of Frank Bristow.
- Burton Leander Rowing Club, Bob McDonald, also contact for the Burton Regatta Association.
- CCAT BC - Cambridge College of Arts and Technology, Chris Cooper/Ben Hayek.
- Cambridge '99 RC,
Richard Lingard, address may be defunct. Captain is David Layton, phone 01223 367 521.
- Cambridge Autumn Regatta, Richard Moseley.
- Cambois ARC Ken Hastie, member.
- Cantabridgian Rowing Club,
Clive Dixon, vice-captain. tel: (01223) 441256 (day),
(01223) 511825 (evenings / weekends).
- Cardiff University (UWCC) Rowing Club, Stephen Allen.
- Castle Semple Rowing Club,
Andy Dunn, Strathclyde, Scotland.
- Charing Cross and Westminster Boat Club, Andy Miller.
- City of Cambridge RC, Julie Moore.
- City of Cambridge RC, Andy Watson.
- City of Derry, Damian Boast.
- City of Oxford Rowing Club,
Jolyon Tidmarsh, Captain.
- alternative CORC,
Dr. Dave, checks a couple of times a week.
- Cork Boat Club committee member, Pat Keane.
- Cork Boat Club, Dan Buckley. Secretary is Eileen Peilow.
- Cambridge Colleges List
- Send a message to the
entire Cambridge College Mailing List.
- Generic CULRC address (Cambridge lightweight men's President).
- Curlew RC, Steve Bennett.
- Cygnet RC, David Jillings.
- Dacre RC, Jock Shearer,
tel. 0802 751758 (day/eve).
- Contact in Scotland for the Dalgety Bay Sailing Club Rowing Group is Alec Jourdan. Rowers in East and North Fife should contact firstname.lastname@example.org at Fife Rowing Club.
- Dart Totnes ARC, E.J.Cove, Chairman.
- De Montfort University, Leicester, dedicated email address.
- Derby Rowing Club, Dan Smith,
- Dittons Skiff and Punting Club, Paul Reynolds, aka Boysie.
- Doncaster Rowing Club, Andrew Shakespeare.
- Dublin University Boat Club, Meredith Lulling, Hon Secretary.
College BC, Dr. T.R. Charlton (master in charge).
- Dundee University Boat Club, James Richardson, Captain.
- Durham Amateur Rowing Club, Richard Mortimer, phone 01207 585514.
- Durham University women, Bill Pollard, coach.
- Durham College contacts list, currently maintained by Jon Anderson.
- A new ARA affiliation (UK) - Timothy Smith on behalf of the University of Durham (Stockton Campus) Boat Club.
- University of East Anglia BC, Helen Ferrier, Secretary. Rowing in Norwich on the Yare.
- Edinburgh Boat Club, Giles Bedford, cox.
- Edinburgh University latest contacts Oliver Cass (President) and Lindsay Gibb (Secretary).
- Emanuel School Boat Club,
John Layng, coach (home email). School email is
- University of Essex, Francis Whyte.
- University of Essex, Catriona Greenshields.
- Evesham Rowing Club, Mark Dewdney.
- Exeter Rowing Club emailbox.
- Exeter University Rob Paveley (captain).
- Falcon Rowing and Canoeing Club, Oxford, rowing dedicated email address.
- Rowers in East and North Fife should contact email@example.com at Fife Rowing Club.
- Free Press Boat Club, Andrew Tristram.
- Furnivall, Steve Kerr, keeper of the Furnivall SC web pages.
- Galway, lreland, Mike McCrohan.
- Galway Rowing Club, Owen Diviney.
- George Watson's College, Edinburgh, Jim Ferguson.
- Glasgow University Boat Club.
- Glasgow University Ladies
Boat Club, Shona Love.
- Globe Rowing Club,
Derek Thompson, 74 Crane Street, Greenwich, London SE10.
- Gravesend RC's email contact is Tony Simmons (UK).
- Great Britain Junior Team,
John Layng, management.
- Guildford RC are contactable by email via Paul Woowat.
Monmouth School for Girls, Gemma Ash (rowing club itself not online).
- Halton College Rowing Club.
- Halton College, Paul Watson.
- Hastings and St. Leonard's Rowing Club, coastal rowing, Richard Bicknell.
- Henley Rowing Club, Paul Moss, vice-captain.
- John Friend is contact for Henley Juniors squad.
- University of Hertfordshire, Natasha Gillett.
- Hexham RC, Bob Manning.
- Hild-Bede Boat Club, Durham University, George Wharton.
- A new UK club has been formed in Cambridge, boating from Queens' College boathouse, and called The Hornets BC. Email contact is captain Paul Knights.
- A dedicated email address for HSBC Rowing (including the secretary and captains).
- Huntingdon Rowing Club, Phil Masters.
- Imperial College BC, Peter Holt, Secretary. Tel 0181 870 0537, address 25 Merton Road, Wandsworth, London SW18 5ST.
- Due to academic reshuffling, the Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School BC has changed to Imperial College School of Medicine BC. Contacts this year (2000-1) are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. (UK).
- Ironbridge RC.
- Jersey Rowing Club, John Searson.
- Email contact for Keble College Oxford alumni, James Dancer.
- University of Kent RC, Alison Wannell, Captain.
- Kingston RC, London, official club email address.
- Lady Eleanor Holles School,
Girls private school adjacent to Hampton School. Teacher in charge of rowing - Beryl Crockford.
They can also be contacted by email-to-fax on 0181 255 7287.
- Lancaster John O'Gaunt RC, captain Matt Folley.
- Lancaster University Boat Club, James Crouch, captain 1997.
- The Lea Rowing Club, Peter Brett, and Tish Reid. Captain is now Orhan Kephalas, email address coming soon. Phone numbers 0181-806-8282, home 0171-289-5234.
- Leander Club, Henley-on-Thames.
- Christopher Rodrigues, CUBC, JCBC, Leander Club and a Henley Royal Regatta Steward.
- Leeds University BC, Tim Liversedge, c/o Leeds University Union Building, Leeds, UK.
Tim is the captain.
- Leeds University
Boat Club, Dave Yates.
- Leicester Rowing Club, Cath Rees.
- Leicester Rowing Club, Mike Watson.
- University of Leicester, Phil Cooper.
- Liverpool Victoria Rowing Club, David Clifford.
- Llandaff RC, Phil Rees.
- Logica Rowing Club,
Rachel Wyness, phone 0171-637-9111 xt. 1016. A small club based at TRC, Putney.
Open to any member of Logica plc and friends.
- London Rowing Club Chief Coach, John McArthur.
- London Rowing Club, Ray Cassidy.
- London University Boat Club, Nicola Robinson, women's captain.
- Maidenhead Rowing Club, John Woffinden, Captain.
- Maidstone Invicta RC, Neil
- Maidstone Invicta RC,
John Clayton, Treasurer Coach & Umpire.
- Manchester Metropolitan University RC, direct club email.
- Metropolitan Regatta.
- >Minerva Bath RC, Andy Methley
- A contact for Molesey BC is
Ted Bates, also for all events hosted by Molesey. Tel home 0181 979 7161,
- Molesey Boat Club, David Jillings.
- Monkton Bluefriars, Julian Bewick, coach.
- Monmouth School,
Deiniol Williams, home phone 01600 713297 if required.
- Mortlake Anglian & Alpha BC, Michael Asher Hon. Sec.
- Sue Appelboom, Mortlake Anglian & Alpha webmistress.
- Newcastle University BC, Andrew Barkley, Secretary.
Phone number 0191 272 0875.
- Nithsdale Amateur
Rowing Club, K. Dear.
- Northampton Rowing Club, Phil Wright, Club Secretary.
- Northwich RC, Sammy
Clegg (Vice Captain).
- Norwich Rowing Club, dedicated email box.
- Norwich Rowing Club, Fiona King, Social Secretary.
- Nottingham Boat Club, David Evans, Regatta Secretary.
- Nottinghamshire County Rowing Association (NCRA). All messages will be passed to Lenny Robertson and Ian Wilson.
- Nottingham Trent University Boat Club, Jane West.
- Nottingham University Boat Club, dedicated mailbox.
- Old Collegians Boat Club, Dublin,
Ireland, Jim Heney.
- Email-box for Oundle Rowing Club.
- Contact for Oxford Adaptive
Rowing is David Bloore.
- Oxford Brookes University Boat Club, Alex Partridge.
- Oxford Colleges List
- Oxford (Division 10) rowing Web pages, Anu Dudhia, curator. Will be able to forward mail to other Oxford contacts in most cases.
- OUWBC/Osiris, Sarah Payne, President 2000-1.
- Plymouth ARC contact email address, Dave Reeby.
- Ponteland High School Rowing Club, Northumbria.
- Quintin Boat Club, Richard White.
- Radley College Boat Club, Angus McChesney.
- Reading RC, (captain Richard Hulme, tel 0118 929 5534) or for membership enquiries, Bill Ward, (tel 01344 620710).
- Reading Rowing Club Juniors, via Tom Cronin, Tel: 0118-9665119 and Fax: 0118-9665119.
- Reading University Boat Club,
president Will Graves.
- RGS Newcastle, Guy Tindale, Master I/C Rowing.
- Rob Roy, George Gilbert. And Dr. Chris Todd, committee member, and probably a better contact now. Home telephone 01223-575221, snail address Rob Roy BC, CRA Boathouse, Kimberley Road, Cambridge.
- Ross-on-Wye Rowing Club,
Herefordshire, Michael Williams.
- Royal Free Hospital Boat Club, Jonathan Ash.
- Royal London Hospitals BC, A. G. Haldane, Secretary.
- Royal Grammar School Newcastle BC, Gerald Sherman, temporary contact who will forward email to the Master in Charge, Guy Tindale.
- Runcorn Rowing Club, John Kervin, for information rather than contact.
- Runcorn Rowing Club main contact,
Simon Leach, secretary.
- Ryde Rowing Club, Amy Leath, and the captain's address is Steve-Cook@msn.com. Ryde is on the Isle of Wight.
- St. Aidan's College BC Durham.
- St. Andrew Boat Club, Jo Wherret.
- St. Andrews University Boat Club,Fife. Douglas Alexander, captain.
- St. Bart's, A. G. Haldane, Secretary.
- In Cambridgeshire (UK), St. Ives RC has an email contact, Tim Thomas (tel 01480 353843) and the address is 25 The Broadway, St Ives, PE27 5BX. Tim also says "Training times for new members: Tues & Thurs 6 to 7.30 pm, Sun 10.30 am onwards."
- St. Joseph's College, Galway, Tim
- St. Michael's Rowing Club, Limerick. Liam O'Riordan.
- St. Paul's School for Girls BC
, Elika Pope.
- St. Paul's School for Boys BC, Peter Hackworth.
- Salford UBC, Lee Fortnam,
- Sheffield City Rowing Club, Ian
- City of Sheffield RC, Janet
- Sheffield Hallam University Boat Club, Mark Elmslie.
- Sheffield University Rowing Club contact at
- Simoco Rowing Club,
(formerly the Pye Rowing Club), St Andrew's Rd., Cambridge,CB4 1DP. Contact
Alistair Bailey, secretary, tel +44-1223-232777.
- Sir William Borlase's Grammar School, Richard.
- Sons of the Thames.
- Southampton Amateur
Rowing Club, Dave Lickman.
- Southampton University Boat
Club, David Cunado.
- Southsea Rowing Club, Neil Jervis.
- The Square Mile Boat Club, Andrew Gibbins, Chairman.
- Staffordshire University BC
email contact is Ed Green, president.
- Staines Boat Club, generic email address, current secretary being Murray Litvak.
- Star Rowing Club, Paul Williams, webmaster.
- Stirling University Rowing Club, Scott Kennedy.
- Stratford-upon-Avon Boat Club, dedicated email, current contact David Cross.
- Strathclyde University Boat
Club, Katy Cameron.
- Sudbury Rowing Club, Trevor Chambers.
- Sunderland Students Union RC.
- University of Surrey BC, Stephen R. Poole, captain until December 1998.
- City of Swansea RC, dedicated mailbox, apparently checked daily.
- Swindon Rowing Club, Charles Barclay, Marlborough College.
- Talkin Tarn RC (generic address).
- Taurus (Ox. Brookes alumni), Blaine Castle.
- For Tees Rowing Club, contact Kate O`Sullivan 14 Mayes Walk, Yarm, Stockton on Tees, TS15 9TU or email Susan Wareing.
- Thames Rowing Club,
Rachel Wyness, vice-captain, phone 0171-637-9111 xt. 1016.
- Thames Tradesmen's RC,
Simon Kenyon, and
- TTRC, Andy Partington.
- Thames Valley Skiff Club, off Dudley Road, Walton-on-Thames. Captain Keith Thomas. Tel 01932-224215.
- Tiffin School Boat Club, Adam Wetherell.
- Tideway Scullers School (a club, not a school, but with a strong junior squad), Philip Rowley, coach.
- Torquay RC, Tony Bennett.
- Trafford Rowing Club, Ken Ball, Treasurer.
- Trent Rowing Club, Richard Gipson.
- Tribesmen Rowing Club, Galway, Mike McCrohan.
- Tribesmen Rowing Club, Sean M
- Trinity College Dublin, Patrick Lowry.
- Twickenham RC, club mailbox.
- Tyne Rowing Club, Chris Rose.
- Tynemouth RC, Ken Hastie, Committee member.
- UEA BC, Helen Ferrier, Secretary.
- University College Cork BC, Kevin Kenneally, ex oarsman/coach/equipment person, also with Cork Boat Club.
- University College Dublin Boat Club, Barry Moore.
- University College Dublin BC, Jojo Boyle.
- UMDS Boat Club, Steve Lewis.
- UMIST BC - Michelle Davies, the new President.
- UMIST Boat Club, Giles Murphy, club Captain.
- University College London boat club, direct mailbox.
- UL Boat Club, Nicola Robinson, women's captain.
- UL Boat Club, Dominic Hill.
- John Kinnear, runs the ULBC Association and Trust Fund, so best contact for UL Tyrian too.
- Upper Thames Rowing Club (UTRC), Steve Dance.
- Upper Thames Rowing Club, Jon Thornber.
- Wadham College Oxford, Alpha Lau.
- Walbrook Rowing Club & Royal Canoe Club, Roger de Jonghe - Rowing Coordinator: click here for further information.
- Wallingford RC mailbox.
- Graham Day (Men's Captain), Rachael Haycock (Captain) and Alison Watkins (Ladies' Captain).
- Walton RC is now Mike Everington's province, although Mike Hendry will still be race contact for Walton SBH and probably the regatta.
- Wargrave Boating Club - rowing, skiffing, punting and canoeing: contacl Peter Walsh.
- Warrington RC, club email.
- Richard Sinnott is a contact for the Warrington Junior rowers (UK).
- Warwick Boat Club, currently James Lee (2004). There's also a juniors contact, currently Rob Holmes (2004).
- Warwick University Boat Club Matt Steele men's captain and Emma Leamon women's captain.
- Waterford Boat Club, Ireland. Lisa O'Callaghan.
- Westminster School BC, CD
Riches, chief coach, or alternative address, probably better.
- University of Westminster Rowing Club, Richard Beaumont.
- Weybridge Ladies, Mick Hughes.
- Weybridge Rowing Club, Tim Pickering.
- Worcester Rowing Club, general mailbox.
- Yare Boat Club, Mark Shopland.
Written contact via Anthony Roper, 1 Nutfield Close, Norwich, NR4 6PF, UK.
- University of York Boat Club, Peter Dick.
- The email address for Loretta Williams (new UK CDO for the North Yorkshire and Humberside regions) is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zac's BC, actually Zac at Cambridge '99....