The Ten Commandments of Celtic Society
- Scottish Country Dancing is your Dance. You shall have no other dances before it.
- You shall not make for yourself another way of dancing, nor dance in a likeness to anything that is in Scotland, England or Abroad.
- You shall not call it Scottish if it is not Strictly Scottish.
- ...Remember the RSCDS and keep it Holy.
- Honour your Teachers and their spouses.
- You shall not spin.
- You shall not kick half-way through a circle.
- You shall not (under any circumstances) dance a three couple poussette.
- You shall not appear to enjoy yourself.
- You shall not flirt with anyone in your set, neither your partner, nor your neighbour, nor your neighbour's partner.
Adapted by David Killen, of Commun Ceilteach Oil-Tigh Cilrimhinn.