Graham E. Leigh
University of Oxford
Faculty of Philosophy
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Oxford OX2 6GG
Tel: +44(0)1865 615347
E-mail: graham.leigh [at] philosophy.ox.ac.uk
I am a research fellow on the AHRC project Inexpressibility and
Reflection in the formal sciences. My research interests concern the interfaces between the three facets of logic: mathematical logic, philosophical logic, and theoretical computer science,
in especial, theories of truth, proof theory, non-classical logics, predicativism and fixed point logics.
Since September 2011 I am a research fellow at Wolfson College, Oxford.
For the Princeton workshop on Language, Truth and Logic in March 2013, see
Recent publications and preprints
- Conservativity for theories of compositional truth via cut elimination.
- Some weak theories of truth. In: Achourioti, T., Galinon, H., Fujimoto, K., and Martínez-Fernández, J. (eds), Unifying the Philosophy of truth. Springer series on Logic, Epistemology, and the Unity of Science. In press.
- Axiomatic theories of truth (with Halbach, V.). The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Winter 2013 Edition), Zalta, E.N. (ed.).
- Axiomatic truth, syntax and metatheoretic reasoning (with Nicolai,
C.). Review of Symbolic Logic 6(4), (2013), pp. 613–636.
- On closure ordinals for the modal mu-calculus (with Bahareh Afshari).
In: Ronchi Della Rocca, S. ed, Computer Science Logic 2013 (CSL 2013). Vol. 23 of Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics, Schloss Dagstuhl–Leibniz-Zentrum für Informatik, Germany, pp. 30–44, 2013.
- A proof-theoretic account of classical principles of truth. Annals of
Pure and Applied Logic 164 (2013), pp. 1009–1024.
- Revision Revisited (joint with Horsten L., Leitgeb H. and Welch, P.).
Review of Symbolic Logic 5(4), (2012), pp. 642–664.
- The Friedman-Sheard programme in intuitionistic logic (with Rathjen M.),
Journal of Symbolic Logic 77(3), (2012), pp. 777–806.
- A proof-theoretic account of classical principles of truth (extended
abstract). Numbers and truth, Göteborg, Sweden October 19-21, 2012.
- An ordinal analysis for theories of self-referential truth (with Rathjen
M.). Archive for Mathematical Logic 49(2), (2010), pp. 213–247.
- Five papers on axiomatic theories of truth. Bulletin of Symbolic
Logic 16(3), (2010), pp. 424–428.
- Proof-theoretic investigations into the Friedman-Sheard theories and
other theories of truth, PhD thesis, University of Leeds, 2010.
- An introduction to model theory and infinite permutation groups,
Master's thesis, University of Leeds, 2006.