University of Oxford
- Humanities Computing Unit
- Includes the Centre
for Humanities Computing, Oxford Text Archive, HUMBUL Humanities Hub, and the British National Corpus.
- Classics at Oxford
- Extremely impressive Home Page of Classics in Oxford, offering local
information as well as links to relevant resources world wide.
- Clubs and
- Web pages of O.U. Student Societies.
- Guide to
- A brief explanation of the Oxford Collegiate system, with equally
brief information on the Colleges themselves.
- Department of
Continuing Education: Rewley House
- Details of the Department, its courses and resources. Unfortunately
this is difficult to use with a text-based browser.
- Details of University & College libraries,bibliographics services,
electronic journals, on-line catalogues, etc.
- Ashmolean Museum
- Art & Archaeology. A sort of cross between London's V&A and
the British Museum. Details of the Museum and its collections,
Collection of Musical Instruments
- Mainly European, with a large collection of keyboard instruments.
- Museum of the History of
- Not terribly attractive or easy to use with a text-based browser, but
there's a lot of information here - about the Museum and its collections -
as well as virtual exhibitions, and a great deal more.
- Pitt Rivers Museum
- Ethnology and anthropology. My personal favourite of all the Oxford
Museums. Details and history of the Museum, special exhibitions, etc.
- University Museum
- Natural History. Worth a visit for the building alone. The site has
information about the Museum and its collections, conferences, etc.
- The Oxford Union
- Not to be confused with O.U.S.U., this is a private debating society.
- Oxford University Networked Information
- The main University information page.
- Oxford University 'phone and
- On-line directory by department and individual.
- Oxford University
- Information about O.U.S.U., its officers, committees, events,
resources, etc. Messy with a text-based browser; it's also frames
crippled, but I've linked to the main section.
- Personal pages
on Sable & Ermine
- Sable & Ermine are the two main servers for members of the
University, and hold personal and society Web pages.
- Voltaire Foundation
- Details of the Foundation, its publications, events, etc.
Other Oxford Links
- Cafe Philo
- Announcement and details of the first meeting (October 1999).
- Daily Information
- Oxford's free-sheet (a broadsheet found on notice-boards throughout
the area), with information about forthcoming events,
meetings, etc., small ads, and much more.
Politics & Causes
- A page provided by Daily Information.
- Oxford Brookes University
- The other university in Oxford. Details of courses, jobs, etc.
- Oxford City Council
- Not very friendly to text-based browsers. Details of the Council,
committees, projects, etc.
- Oxford City
Council: An Unofficial Guide
- Provided by Daily Information.
- Oxford Civic
- Bare contact details.
- Oxford CommUnity
- Including a local directory, rather like an on-line, expanded yellow
Friends of the Earth (OXFOE)
- Contacts, campaign, newsletter, and links to other sites.
- Oxford Green Pages
- Based in the University, but covering "Town & Gown".
- Oxfordshire resources for tourism & business.
- Pocket Guide to
- History, where to stay, events, shopping, etc.
- City of Oxford,
- To represent the many, many Oxfords around the world.