(In fact I'm unhappy with the term `parapsychology', as with many of the terms used in this area; it is, however, so well
established that it would be confusing if I used my own terminology - even if I had any alternatives that I thought were
[Societies, etc.] [Research centres] [Journals]
[Personal sites] [Miscellaneous]
See also my Philosophy of Parapsychology section.
- American Society for Psychical Research
- Details of the Society, membership, events, publications (including
their journal), and various on-line materials.
- Centre for Frontier
- At Temple University. The site offers an introduction to the Centre,
its journal, events, etc.
- Exceptional Human
- Details of the organisation and its work, membership,and subscription
- Institute for
- Details of the Institute -- membership, events, research, and
publications (including its on-line journal.
- International Association for
- Usual info. about membership, events, publications, and their journal.
- International Society
of Life Information Science (ISLIS)
- "ISLIS was founded in Japan in 1995. It is a scientific
professional society for anomalous phenomena research: for example,
qigong, parapsychology, anomalous somatic science, anomalous human
function, Oriental medicine, alternative medicine, etc.. It is a
non-profit making society with world-wide membership."
society also produces a bilingual, thrice-yearly journal.
- International Survivalist
- "founded by Thomas Jones of Wales and David Duffield of West Virginia on 11th April 2002, with the aim of publishing articles,
books and photographs relating to survival after death and psychical research. It is an independent, non-profit organisation which
regularly cooperates with many distinguished psychical researchers and parapsychologists across the globe."
- Details of the Foundation and its work, publications, grants, etc.
- Society for Psychical
- Founded in the 19th century, and apparently still going strong.
- "The Bio-Emission Laboratory is a laboratory of the NIRS:
National Institute of Radiological Sciences of the Japanese Government.
Parapsychological phenomena have been studied [there in] recent years.
N.B. This is a reduced version of their page - the full version is
temporarily available only to those with user-names and passwords (contact
email@example.com for access.
- Consciousness Research
- The site is now frames
crippled, but I've linked to the main section.
- Koestler Parapsychology
- University of Edinburgh. Set up and funded using money left in
their wills by Arthur Koestler and his wife.
- Rhine Research Centre
- Institute for Parapsychology, at Duke University.
Journal of Parapsychology
- Est. 1937, published quarterly. Subscription details, etc.
- European Journal of
- Produced annually, and based at Edinburgh's Koestler Parapsychology
Unit (see above). This page contains subscription details, and the
contents of the latest issue.
- On-line journal of the Institute for Frontier
- Human Nature
- Survival of Death and Psychical Research. Subscriptions details,
links to the people involved.
- Intuition Magazine
- Subscription details, etc., plus information about related events,
publications, "tips & techniques", and so on. We're
definitely at the non-academic end of the
spectrum here, I think.
- Journal of American Society for
- Published quarterly. Subscription details, abstracts of recent
- Journal of the
International Society of Life Information Sciences
- English & Japanese versions. Subscription details and recent
tables of contents.
- Journal of Near-Death Studies
- Index of back issues, subscription details, and instructions to
- Journal of
- A quarterly journal, founded by McDougall and Rhine, and still based
at Duke University. The page offers abstracts and subscription
- John Beloff
- Some papers on dualism from a parapsychological perspective.
- Michael Grosso
- Offers on line some of his writings on consciousness and survival.
- Parapsychology in Austria. In German and English.
- Scott Roberts
- Near-Death Experiences - a vast list of links.
- Andreas Sommer
- Mainly information about the journal Human
- Fiona Steinkamp
- "Parapsychology Sources on
the Internet". Very full, very useful, with links to
relevant sites and to on-line or down-loadable literature.
- Charles Tart
- On-line papers, links, etc.
- Science Frontiers: Digest
of Scientific Anomalies
- "Over 1800 reports of the Unusual & Unexplained, Strange
Science, Bizarre Biophysics, Anomalous astronomy. From the pages of the
world's Scientific Journals." Some relevant material.