The Dokun is a concise recitation of Shorinji Kempo philosophy which is often made during the training sessions.
- Rely on yourself and not on others. No one is as reliable as your own well disciplined self.
- By committing evil you defile yourself, by avoiding evil you attain purity.
- In acquiring this art we pledge to honour the founder and not to betray our masters, to respect our elders and not to slight the young. As comrades we pledge to help each other and cooperate for the accomplishment of these teachings.
- We pledge to leave our past aside and to devote ourselves to mastering the art as plainly and naively as infants.
- We pledge never to perform our art for selfish reasons, but for the benefit of mankind.
- We are grateful that we are endowed with our souls from Dharma and our bodies from our parents. We determine to make every effort to return their blessings.
- We love our country and determine to better the welfare of our people.
- We love justice, respect humanity, observe courtesy, keep the peace and determine to be true and brave.
- We strive to master the art and discipline the body and soul. We love our comrades and help each other. We cooperate and endeavour to establish an ideal world.