Work In Progress
Current projects at various stages of completion
- Conditionals, Probability, and Paradox: Themes from the Philosophy of Dorothy Edgington. Edited volume (with John Hawthorne) containing chapters from chapters from Fine, Hájek, Kratzer, Stalnaker, and Williamson amongst others. Under contract with OUP to be published in 2014.
- Semifactuals: An Essay on the Logic and Semantics of Counterfactuals. A short research monograph in which I argue for the truth of certain semifactuals and then draw out the implications for the logic and semantics of counterfactuals.
- The Type/Token Distinction and The Metaphysics of Art. A research monograph arguing that repeatable artworks are (i) created artefacts, and (ii) types, treated as contingent, temporal, changing, and structured universals.
- The Possibility of Unicorns and Modal Logic. Draft
- The Invalidity of the Argument from Illusion (with Craig French). Draft
- The Identity and Distinctness of Fictional Characters. Draft
- Possible World Semantics and True-True Counterfactuals. Draft
- Against Hypothetical Syllogism. Draft