Most people join a union because they want protection at work - help with pay and conditions of service, legal or health and safety advice or representation in case things go wrong at work. That's what we're here for. UNISON negotiates on pay and working conditions at every level - local, regional and national.
UNISON also offers you:
- Excellent legal services at work and in the home.
- Education and training advice and courses leading to vocational and professional qualifications.
- A colour magazine sent to your home four times a year; a fortnightly newspaper for our stewards and activists and a full range of publicity.
- Pensions advice and welfare services as well as certain benefits guaranteed by our rulebook.
Why not get in touch and find out more? Contact the Branch Recruitment Officer:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 01865 (2)72827
Oxford University does not support the payment of subscriptions via their payroll so you will have to pay by Direct Debit; please ensure that you complete the Direct Debit mandate form. (A few colleges do support payment of subscriptions via payroll (DOCAS). If you are employed by a college and wish your subscription fee to be taken directly from your pay please contact your college's Finance Officer and ask whether they allow DOCAS payments.)
The subscription cost for UNISON membership is outlined here.
You can also join online [opens in new window] via the UNISON website.