|| Institutes, etc.
Dialogue on Applied Ethics
- Full details of the project, including how to join in.
- An experimental on-line philosophy papers directory from the
Philosophy Department of the University of Hong Kong.
- Bowling Green Philosophy
- The two most important resources here are probably Books in Philosophy and POIESIS: Philosophy Online Serials.
- Cambridge Centre for
Hermeneutic and Analytic Philosophy
- "The Centre is a joint activity of the Philosophy Division of
Anglia Polytechnic University, and the Department of History and
Philosophy of Science of Cambridge University. Its aim is to encourage
contacts between the various continental traditions of philosophy and
mainstream Anglo-Americal approaches."
- Centre for Computing and Social
- Based at De Montfort University, and rapidly expanding.
- Centre for Environmental Philosophy
for Philosophical Studies
- Based at King's College London. Brief details of the Centre and its
- Centre for
Philosophy of Science
- At the University of Pittsburgh. Details of the Centre, its work,
forthcoming events, visiting Fellows, etc.
- Centre for Research Ethics.
- Details of the Centre's current research, staff, and publications,
together with links to related sites.
- Centre for the Study
of Language and Information (CSLI)
- Based at Stanford; Director - John Perry.
- Centre of Philosophy,
Technology and Society
- Based at the University of Aberdeen. They produce a journal (in both
electronic & paper versions) called Ends and Means.
- Computers in Teaching Initiative (CTI)
Centre for Textual Studies
- Based here in Oxford - it includes support for Philosophy.
- Consciousness in
the Natural World Project
- Based at the University of Stirling.
of Hertfordshire Philosophy Research Centre
- The History of Philosophy
of Science Working Group
- Details of the Working Group, forthcoming events, etc.
- Institute for Business and
- Information about the Institute and its activities and research, plus
links to related resources, and the On-Line Journal of
- Institute for Philosophy and
Sociology of Law, Milan
- The Institute for the
Study of Applied and Professional Ethics at Dartmouth College
- Details of the Institute, its activities (course, newsletter, videos,
etc.), plus links to related sites.
- Institute Vienna
- Society for the Advancement of the Scientific World Conception, in an
version and a German
version. Yes, it was like stumbling on a fossil on the beach at Lyme
Regis... perplexing yet interesting.
- Minnesota Centre for
Philosophy of Science
- Details of the Centre, its staff, activities, and publications (with
a down-loadable image of founder, Feigl!), plus a few links to other
- Paideia Project:
Proceedings of the Twentieth World Congress of Philosophy
- More than 1,100 contributed papers presented at the Twentieth World
Congress, plus information about the project, some inter-active sections,
- A very full philosophy site, with many sections, in German. Based at
the University of Hamburg.
- Details of the charity, its history, aims, etc.
- Philosopher's Information Centre
- A non-profit organisation, publishers of the Philosopher's Index. The
site gives details of the paper, CD-ROM, and on-line editions of the
- Poynter Centre for the Study of Ethics and American
- ftp site |
site | WWW
The WWW site is a good place to look for ethics-related resources, as
well, of course, as giving information about the Centre.
- Centre of Philosophy & Organisations (?) at the Free University of
Amsterdam. Frames-crippled but usuable.
- Proyecto de Filosofia en Espanol
- Based at the University of Oviedo. Details of the project, plus a
bibliography, and an archive of philosophical texts in Spanish.
- A German-language, general-purpose mailing list for philosophy, based
Encyclopaedia of Philosophy
- An on-line encyclopaedia.