- American Catholic Philosophical
- Details of the Association, membership, events, publications, etc.
- American Humanist Association
- Details of the Association, activities, events, publications, membership, humanism, etc.
- Centre for Philosophy of Religion
- At the University of Notre Dame. It exists "in order to promote, support and disseminate scholarly work in philosophy of
religion and Christian philosophy.&qout;
- Council for Secular Humanism
- Features their journal, Free Inquiry, plus details of the Council, information about Humanism, and much
- International Association for the History of Religions
- "serves to promote the academic study of religions through the international collaboration of all scholars whose research has a
bearing on the subject [...] It consists in principle of its member associations which are established in
various countries and regions throughout the world."
- Society for Indian
Philosophy and Religion
- Details of the Socity, events, membership, etc., and their Journal.
- Society of Christian
- "organized in 1978 to promote fellowship among Christian Philosophers and to stimulate study and discussion of issues which
arise from their Christian and philosophical commitments. One of its chief aims is to go beyond the usual philosophy of religion
sessions at the American Philosophical Association and to stimulate thinking about the nature and role of Christian commitment in
- American Catholic
- The journal of the American Catholic Philosophical
Association. Submission & subscription details, special issues, etc.,
- Augustinian Studies
- "devoted to the scholarly study of the life, teachings, and influence of Augustine." Subscription
details, contents pages, etc.
- Canadian Atheist Online
- Newsletter of the Canadian Atheist Society. Generally pretty light-weight, not to say facetious.
- Contemporary Buddhism:
An Interdisciplinary Journal
- Details of the journal for contributors and subscribers.
- A Journal of Religion and Philosophy. The Web site offers no real information, but I get the impression that it's
children. The site's difficult to use with a text-based browser.
- "A disembodied journal of religious studies" edited by Brian Bocking. This was an on-disk journal, but
has now shifted to being entirely Internet-based. It's incorporated into the Internet Journal of
- Disputation Philosophica
- "International Journal on Philosophy and Religion".
- Faith and Philosophy
- "published quarterly by the Society of Christian
Philosophers. The journal encourages discussions among philosophers representing a wide variety of denominations,
theological perspectives, and philosophical orientations. It seeks critical and reflective self-understanding of
Christian faith carried out in dialogue with those who do not, as well as with those who do, share its Christian
- Free Inquiry
- Published by the Council for Secular Humanism. Subscription & editorial details, plus
archives, previews, and information about back issues.
- The Humanist: A Magazine of Critical
Inquiry and Social Concern
- The bimonthly international magazine of the American Humanist Association. "The Humanist applies
Humanism – a naturalistic and democratic outlook informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by compassion
– to broad areas of social and personal concern."
- Details of the Journal and a call for papers.
- International Journal
of Hindu Studies
- "The site includes a statement of aims and scope, list of editors, information for prospective contributors, reviewers,
subscribers, and advertisers. Also includes contents, abstracts, and information about authors for each issue as published, and plans
for upcoming issues."
- Internet Journal of Religion
- A site incorporating the following journals (for comments see the individual alphabetical entries):
- Marburg Journal of
- Science of Religion
- Jewish Studies, an Internet Journal
- "a peer-reviewed, electronic journal dealing with all fields of Jewish studies."
- Journal of Buddhist Ethics
- On-line magazine "promoting academic research in Buddhist ethics". Subscription & editorial info., back issues,
research resources, etc. Also offers an on-line eBook project.
- Journal of Global Buddhism
- On-line journal "established to promote the study of Buddhism's globalization and its transcontinental interrelatedness."
- Journal of Indian
Philosophy and Religion
- Page giving publication details, snail-mail address for subscriptions, etc.
- Journal of Religion
- Formerly known as The American Journal of Theology; this page offers all the usual information about the journal. Also
offers an electronic edition.
- Journal of Religious Ethics
- Details of the journal and the monograph series, including an archive, the usual editorial & subscription details, etc.
- Journal of Religious Studies and Theology
- "a semi-annual, refereed journal, featuring articles and book reviews in the fields for which it is named."
- Journal of Southern Religion
- All the usual subscription & editorial detailsof "the first scholarly journal devoted to the study of religion in the
American South", plus the Sam Hill Prize for student work.
- Journal of Theological Studies
- Usual information, plus a contents page mailing service.
Journal of Religion
- On-line journal devoted to the study of religions, edited by Michael Pye. Incorporated into the Internet Journal of
- Subscription & editorial information, presented in Blackwell's usual messay way (if you're using a text-based browser, anyway).
- Neue Zeitschrift
für Systematische Theologie und Religionsphilsophie
- "Die Neue Zeitschrift zeichnet sich dadurch aus, daß sie dem spannungsvollen Gespräch zwischen
lutherisch-reformatorischer Theologie und Philosophie im weitesten Sinn dient, in den Auseinandersetzungen gegenwärtiger
Theologie die Weite denkender Verantwortung offenzuhalten sucht, eine Vielfalt der Fragestellungen bietet, durch den
internationalen Herausgeberkreis für einen Austausch deutsch- und englischsprachiger Theologie sorgt und in jedem Heft
eine Zeitschriftenschau präsentiert."
- "devoted exclusively to criticisms of theism and defenses or developments of naturalism. To facilitate
discussion and debate, Philo also publishes defenses of theism and criticisms of naturalism. The interest in naturalism
extends to the relevant branches of naturalist philosophy, such as naturalist metaphysics, and especially naturalist
ethics. [... It's] published biannually at the Center for Inquiry with
assistance from Western Michigan University."
- Philosophia Christi
- "a peer reviewed journal published twice a year by the Evangelical Philosophical Society with the support of Biola University
as a vehicle for the scholarly discussion of philosophy and philosophical issues in the fields of ethics, theology, and religion."
Subscription & editorial details, events, membership, etc.
Culture, and Traditions
- "A Journal of the World Union of Catholic
Philosophical Societies [...] a multi-lingual (English - French - Spanish - German) philosophical journal, published
annually [...] The journal aims at promoting dialogue and the fruitful exchange of ideas between philosophy and
religious and cultural traditions. While recognizing the important contribution of Christianity to philosophy, articles
appearing in the journal are not restricted to philosophy in the Christian or Catholic traditions."
- Philosophy and Theology
- Published semi-annually in paper form and on disk, it "ddresses all areas of interest to both philosophy and theology. While
not a journal of the philosophy of religion, Philosophy & Theology is especially open to the common ground joining these
two ancient disciplines. Rather than viewing them as antagonistic, Philosophy & Theology promotes fruitful dialogue." This page
offers a brief introduction to the journal, plus information for subscribers and contributors.
- Religious Studies
- "an international journal devoted to the problems of the philosophy of religion as they arise out of classical and contemporary
discussions and from varied religious traditions."
- "A bibliographical journal published in hard copy under the auspices of the International
Association for the History of Religions (IAHR). The objective is to provide a systematic bibliography of journal articles which
contribute in various ways to the the academic study of religions. This in turn is intended to facilitate "the international
collaboration of all scholars whose work has a bearing on the subject"." Incorporated into the Internet
Journal of Religion site.
- Secular Humanist Bulletin
- Newsletter of the Council for Secular Humanism, sent free to all
Associate Members of the Council. Details of membership and contents of
- "International Journal for Philosophy of Religion, Metaphysical Theology and Ethics [...] a twice-yearly
journal focusing on the interstices between metaphysics (traditional to modern) and theological thinking (antiquity to
recent), as these issues are debated broadly within the philosophy of religion, taking cognizance of the wider ambience
of the sciences ('natural' philosophy and human/social sciences), ethics or moral concerns in the public sphere,
critical feminist theology and cross-cultural perspectives."
- Spirita: Zeitschrift fü Religionenswissenschaft
- "Hintergründe, Analysen, Berichte, Buchbesprechungen — zu Religionenund religiösen Bewegungen, aus
- Studies in
- Just subscription details and a very brief description of the journal.
- The Thomist
- A Speculative Quarterly Review.
- Toronto Journal of
- Just subscription details and a very brief description of the journal.
- Worldviews: Environment,
- Subscription & editorial info. and past contents details.