(This page is here despite the fact that I'm not a dancer in
any sense; it's here mainly for Judith Appleby. Some of the sites are
very attractive, anyway. See also my Music
[Early Dance] [British Isles]
[Greece, Cyprus, etc.] [Indonesia]
[Miscellaneous & General Dance Sites]
- Calendar of
- Database of dance events.
- Dance of the
- Susan & Ken Reed's site, devoted to dance from the 15th to the
- Danserey Renaissance Dance
- A German group, based in Landshut, Bavaria.
Historical Dance Society
- Details of the Society - membership, activities, etc. (see also its
- Early Dance
- Information about Early Dance and the society, including membership
details, and forthcoming events.
- The Journal of the Dolmetsch Historical Dance
- European Dance
Research Information Directory
- Extensive listing, organised by country, of organisations, centres,
etc., with dance-related databases (collections, archives, and so on),
and of individuals engaged in dance research. No links to Web pages
or e-mail addresses, but telephone and postal contact information.
- Part of the Sapphire Swan Dance Directory.
- Ensemble Hof-Dantzer: English &
- Details of performances, courses,recordings, etc.
- Letter of Dance
- A newsletter of Renaissance Dance.
Galante's Baroque Pages
- Maintained by Bob Daoust. Nicely designed site, offering
introductions to Baroque Dance's history, development, notation, current
- Cecilia Gracio Moura
- Baroque dance courses in Paris and elsewhere.
- New York
Baroque Dance Company
- A "biography" of the company.
English Dancing Master
- The first (1651) edition of Playford on the Web. Includes some of the
- Maintained by Andrew Drasky.
- Maintained by Joseph Casazza.
- Renaissance Historical Dance Society
- I'm afraid that this site is completely crippled by frames & Java
gimmickry, so I've had to remove the link. I'll check back occasionall,
and reinstate it if its accessibility improves. (25 iii 00)
- Books of John
- Maintained by Greg Lindahl.
- "Rhod's Dance Home Page". Immense, devoted almost entirely
to U.K. dance (with special reference to Manchester).
- English Folk Dance & Song
- The new, official site, offering details of events at Cecil Sharp House, Vaughan Williams Memorial
periodicals, education, reviews,
- About the Federation, details of membership, events, etc.
- Bali and
- "Bali &
Beyond is a group of Los Angeles performing artists inspired by the
cultures of Indonesia. The ensemble offers original music, theatre and
dance, traditional Gamelan music and Indonesian arts presentations."
The ensemble is managed and directed by Maria Bodmann and Cliff DeArment;
this site offers information about their work, some on-line examples, plus
links to related resources, and a forum for discussion.
- "a San Francisco-based organization dedicated to the study and
performance of Balinese gamelan music and dance." This page offers
details of the group, their work, performances, etc.