|All concerts are free and open to everyone.
They are held on Sunday evenings in Balliol Hall at 8:30 pm.
Unfortunately, Balliol Music Society concerts in Trinity term have been cancelled. Concerts will resume in Michealmas 2020, the first of which is on 18th October
20th October: 1901st Concert
THE MEMBERS CONCERT
Featuring a variety of works performed by Balliol members and friends.
- Franz Schubert: Lieder
- Richard Strauss: Four Last Songs
- Alban Berg: Sieben Fruhe Lieder
- Selection of English songs and folksongs
- Turina: "La Oracion del Torero" (Bullfighter's prayer) op. 34
- Kurtag: Ligatura Y
- Puccini: Crisantemi (Chrysanthemums) for string quartet
- Kurtag: Ligatura - Messages to Frances-Marie
- Janacek: String Quartet No.1 "Kreutzer Sonata"
- Kurtag: Arioso Interrotto (from Officium breve op.28)
- Schubert: String Quartet No. 14 "Death and the Maiden"
- Beethoven: String Quartet Op. 18 no. 2
- Bartok: String Quartet no. 6
- Mendelssohn: String Quartet op. 44 no. 2
- Featuring a variety of works by Balliol members and friends
- Beethoven: 32 Variations in C minor WoO 80
- Clementi: Sonata in B flat op. 24 no. 2
- Czerny: Etude no. 12 in D minor op. 740
- Schubert: Impromptu no. 3 in G flat D. 899
- Liszt: Etude d’Execution Transcendante no. 10
- Beethoven: Bagatelle in A minor no. 25 (Fur Elise)
- Beethoven: Sonata in A flat op. 110
- Wagner arr. Liszt: Isoldens Liebestod
- Schumann: Piano Quartet in E flat op. 47
- Brahms: Piano Quartet in G minor op. 25
3rd November: 1902nd Concert
THE BALLIOL SOCIETY CONCERT
Kosmos Ensemble (Accordion, Violin and Viola)
Featuring a program inspired by Greek, Gypsy, Jewish, Japanese and tango music
17th November: 1903rd Concert
THE ERNEST WALKER CONCERT
Lucy Crowe (Soprano) and Anna Tilbrook (Piano)
1st December: 1904th Concert
Navarra Quartet (String Quartet) - 'Love and Death'
26th January: 1905th Concert
9th February: 1906th Concert
THE MEMBERS CONCERT
23rd February: 1907th Concert
THE JOHN FARMER CONCERT
Reiko Fujisawa (Piano) and Paul Ansdell (narrator)
8th March: 1908th Concert
Mozart Piano Quartet