Using Wordpress to build your online presence
- Getting started with Wordpress - let me YouTube that for you...
- the difference between Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org
- Pages and posts
- Rich media (images, video, audio )
Some nifty tricks
- Getting the word out - pushing notifications out to Social media (Dashboard -> Settings -> Sharing: publicize - select Social Media channel)
- Posting via email (go to list of My blogs under Dashboard, enable 'Post by email')
- How effective is your site? Keeping an eye with Google analytics
- Widgets (Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets) - lots to choose from...
Linking the online and the offline
- QR codes - make your own Qr code
- URl shorners (like bitly and tinyurl) - good for Twitter, Powerpoint presentations, posters, etc.
Taking it to the next level
- Moving from Wordpress.com to to Wordpress.org , ask Google how...
- Wordpress VIP
- Using a 'proper' CMS? (Drupal, Plone, etc...)
Some more resources
- Principles to creating and online presence in Wordpress (video of a presentation by Adam McLane who has lao written some rules on blogging)
- tips for Wordpres SEO How to make your blog visible in Google - much of this applies only to Wordpress sites you host yourself, but it's useful to know anyway...
- Wordpress premium (i.e. charged) features
- You can host audio fro free on Soundcloud
- You can host video for free on YouTube