The 4-year Physics and Philosophy Masters Degree
If you are a newcomer to the course and would like a general overview of it, and what it tries to achieve, click here.
- Check the study guide each term; your college tutor may be absent-minded, or just absent, and a week lost at the start of term can be very damaging. Do not hesitate to contact Harvey Brown or Simon Saunders if you have any difficulties.
- Attend the philosophy of physics lecture courses. You cannot make up for this material from text-books or from readings for tutorials. Unlike other lecture courses, these are for you alone, and their content directly dictates the examination questions.
- Check the Bulletins, especially at the start of term. These will directly concern you! If you want to post a notice there yourself, click here.
- (4th years only): Come to the Philosophy of Physics Research Seminars. Meet some of the greatest figures in the field, and learn something of what research is really like.
- Philosophy Lecture Course Schedule this Term(download as a pdf file)
- Philosophy Prospectus this Term (download as a pdf file)
- Philosophy Lecture Course Scheme This Year (download as a pdf file)
- Philosophy Lecture Course Materials (Oxford domain only)
- Physics Lecture Schedule This Year (Oxford domain only)