john j. lowe
- (in preparation), The Syntax and Semantics of Vedic Participles, under contract to appear in the series Oxford Studies in Diachronic and Historical Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- (forthcoming), 'Accented Clitics in the Ṛgveda', to appear in Transactions of the Philological Society. DOI: 10.1111/1467-968X.12013
- (2013), 'Indo-European Caland Adjectives in *-nt- and Participles in Sanskrit', to appear in Historische Sprachforschung 126.
- (2012),'Caland Adjectives and Participles in the Ṛgveda: the case of -āna-', in Stephanie W. Jamison, H. Craig Melchert and Brent Vine (eds.), Proceedings of the 23rd Annual UCLA Indo-European Conference, Bremen: Hempen, pp. 83–98.
- (2011), 'Negated Participles in Ṛgvedic Sanskrit and Proto-Indo-European', Indo-Iranian Journal 54(1), pp. 19–38. pdf
- (2011), 'Ṛgvedic clitics and 'Prosodic Movement'', in Miriam Butt and Tracy Holloway King (eds.), Proceedings of the LFG11 Conference, Stanford, Ca.: CSLI Publications, pp. 360–380.
Conference Papers and Invited Talks
- 'Partial (de)grammaticalization and its consequences: the English possessive', to be presented at the 21st International Conference on Historical Linguistics, University of Oslo, 5th–9th August 2013.
- 'Intonation-only marking of narrow Focus: a Lexical-Functional Grammar Analysis', to be presented at the 19th International Congress of Linguists, Geneva, 22nd–27th July 2013 (with Louise Mycock).
- 'Transitive and Predicated Nominals in LFG', to be presented at the 18th International Lexical Functional Grammar Conference, Debrecen, 18–20th July 2013.
- 'The Prosodic Encoding of Discourse Functions', to be presented at the 18th International Lexical Functional Grammar Conference, Debrecen, 18–20th July 2013 (with Louise Mycock).
- 'Transitive Nominals in Old Avestan', presented at the 223rd Meeting of the American Oriental Society, Portland OR, 17th March 2013.
- 'The English Possessive: Clitic and Affix', presented at the 87th Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America, Boston MA, 3rd January 2013. Extended version presented at the 10th South of England LFG meeting, SOAS London, 23rd February 2013.
- 'Focus and the Syntax-Prosody Interface', invited talk at the Fachbereichskolloquium, FB Sprachwissenschaft, Universität Konstanz, 30th November 2012 (with Mary Dalrymple and Louise Mycock). Earlier version presented at the 9th South of England LFG meeting, SOAS London, 3rd November 2012 (with Louise Mycock).
- 'Transitive Nominals in Avestan', presented at the 24th UCLA Indo-European Conference, 26th October 2012. Abstract
- 'Clitics inside constituents: a non-transformational account', presented at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain, University of Salford, 8th September 2012.
- 'The synchronic (in)validity of diachronic reconstructions: participles in the Rgveda', presented at the Philological Society symposium 'Synchrony and diachrony: variation and change in language history', Worcester College, Oxford, 16th March 2012.
- 'Clitic 'Movement' in a Parallel Architecture', invited talk at the University of Oxford General Linguistics Seminar, 13th February 2012.
- 'Caland Adjectives in *-nt- and Participles in Sanskrit and Proto-Indo-European', presented at the 23rd UCLA Indo-European Conference, 28th October 2011. Abstract Handout
- 'Word Order and Second Position in Ṛgvedic Sanskrit', presented at the 16th International Lexical Functional Grammar Conference, Hong Kong, 17th July 2011. Handout. Earlier version presented at the 5th South of England LFG meeting, SOAS London, 4th June 2011.
Last modified 25 April, 2013