17th Oxford InterCollegiate Quiz, 2008
Current Stage: Complete
Welcome to the site for the 17th Oxford Inter-Collegiate Quiz, 2008. Here you can find fixtures, results and information from the competition.
Past QuestionsThe file linked below contains a set of starter and bonus questions as used in the 2006 tournament.
- Example Question Set (PDF)
ICQ 2008 Fixtures and Results
Qualification from the First Round
The top two teams in each group go through to the Second Round. In the event of a tie on points, the following factors are taking into consideration, in this order.
- 1. Results of matches between the teams (i.e. as if a round-robin had been conducted solely between those teams)
- 2. Points difference in the games between the teams
- 3. Points scored in the games between the teams
- 4. Points difference in all games
- 5. Points scored in all games
- 6. Coin flip
In the league tables, teams in blue progressed to the second round as group winners. Those in magenta progress to round 2 as group runners-up.